Loft conversion, Velux window installation
Velux cabrio balcony installation
Creating a new loft room, installing Velux windows.
Although only a relatively small project this still called upon a variety of trade skills.
- Rip out internal and roof to expose rafters
- Trimming roof out and providing supports
- Installing Velux and tiling the roof back in (completed by roofers)
- Building new flooring internally
- Plaster-boarding and prepping stud walls
- New skirting/threshold
- Tiling floor
I also made a new cut out for cupboard space in the loft whilst doing the window cut outs, as shown in the pictures; this made use of the space that was there.
Some snags were encountered on this job. The engineer had to come back out due to some unforeseen structural work. The solution required me to install a supporting steel in order to take the weight of the roof.