Company: J.A.R Construction
It is our intention to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health and safety of everyone involved in, or affected by, our work activities within the spirit of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974, other relevant statutory instruments, approved codes of practice and guidance.
In managing health and safety, we will create a culture that ensures sound health and safety management is afforded the same priority as other business objectives, and becomes an integral part of everything we do.
We will adopt a risk management approach to health and safety, ensuring that hazards arising from our work activities are identified and addressed as a part of ‘business as usual’.
Consultation and communication
Whilst there is a personal responsibility to minimise any risks present in the activities of contractors and subcontractors, we also recognise that the overall organisation of health and safety is part of the lead contractor’s responsibility and therefore will ensure that subcontractors are aware of the correct procedures prior to commencing their work.
Examples of this include:
- Allocating responsibilities for health and safety to subcontractors as appropriate to the nature of their job/trade.
- Providing an adequate budget and resources for health and safety management.
- Monitoring, measuring, auditing and reporting on our health and safety performance at least annually.
- Leading from the top by demonstrating good health and safety practice, performing regular safety tours to identify issues and ensure they are analysed and managed appropriately.
- Ensuring people are empowered to raise health and safety concerns with myself.
Our commitment is to:
- Provide the necessary information, instruction, supervision and training that ensures people are given the resources to perform their job and tasks safely.
- Work with the support of external agencies and within our industry, to ensure our continued adoption of best-practice solutions in health and safety management is appropriate.
Our commitment is to:
- Assess the risks associated to hazards and inform people of risks that affect their work. We commit to controlling and reducing the risk to an acceptable level to reduce the potential for incidents and accidents. This commitment is extended to subcontractors.
- Develop policies that will be communicated and allow for procedures to be developed to help maintain good standards of health and safety.
- Public liability insurance covers the cost of claims made by members of the public for incidents that occur in connection with our business activities.
- Public liability up to £1000000.
- Policy renewal: 16/09/2022
Company owner: Joseph Andrew Redding
Role: Company owner